Upwell Health Centre is committed to the prevention and control of infection for all patients and staff within the practice. Infection control is everyone’s responsibility and is carried out in many ways. For example:
- Cleaning of the premises.
- Disinfection of equipment.
- Hand washing at all points of contact.
- The safe disposal of waste and sharps.
- Using protective equipment when needed (gloves or aprons).
- Limiting the use of unnecessary antibiotics.
The infection control lead for Upwell Health Centre is Jackie Croxford (nurse manager). If there are any concerns or issues regarding infection control, please contact Jackie at the practice.